Members of the IBM Storwize family, IBM Storwize® V7000 Unified and IBM Storwize V7000 are virtualized, enterprise-class hybrid storage systems that provide the foundation for implementing an effective storage infrastructure and transforming the economics of data storage. With industry-first hardware accelerated Real-time Compression, they can reduce the cost of storage by up to 80 percent while maintaining application performance.
Built with IBM Spectrum Virtualize™ software, IBM Storwize V7000 Unified and Storwize V7000 provide the latest storage technologies for unlocking the business value of stored data, including virtualization and Real-time Compression. In addition, the systems include a powerful hardware platform that can support the massive volumes of data created by today’s demanding cloud, analytics and traditional applications. They are designed to deliver outstanding efficiency, ease of use and dependability for organizations of all sizes.
- 2U rack-mountable chassis
- 24 x 2.5-inch drive bays or 12 x 3.5-inch drive bays
- Up to 96 TB of physical storage per enclosure using 8 TB nearline SAS disk drives, or up to 48 TB physical storage per enclosure using 2 TB SAS disk drives
SAS disk drives, nearline SAS disk drives and flash drives
Redundant dual-active intelligent controllers
- For each control enclosure: Up to sixteen 8 Gbps or 16 Gbps Fibre Channel ports, up to eight 10 Gbps iSCSI/FCoE ports, six 1 Gbps iSCSI ports
- 64 or 128 GB cache memory per control enclosure (32 or 64 GB per controller)
- For each file module, six 1 Gbps and two 10 Gbps ports provide connectivity to NAS environments; two Fibre Channel ports connect to Storwize V7000 control enclosures
- Control enclosure supports attachment of up to 20 expansion enclosures with configurations up to 504 drives and approximately 2 PB physical storage capacities (up to 1,056 drives and 7.87 PB in clustered systems)
- Dual power supplies and cooling components