As businesses continue to expand into mobile and cloud arenas, mission-critical applications—and data center infrastructure—must do more. Superior IT solutions must easily scale-up for better performance, manage large masses of data, and make that crucial actionable insight available in real-time. It’s a given that the volume of data you manage continues to grow, yet you remain constrained by a finite set of capital and operational resources. The Lenovo System x3850 X6, based on the sixth generation of Enterprise X-Architecture technology, helps you efficiently deliver better, more timely business results.
X6 platforms, with Intel® Xeon® processors E7-4800/8800 v3 series, can produce up to 56 percent faster compute performance than the last -generation of X6 systems with last-generation processors. The X6 portfolio delivers large application virtualization and decreases infrastructure costs and complexity. Now you can design faster analytics engines, rein in IT sprawl and deliver information with high reliability. X6 servers are fast, agile and resilient.
Unique modular “book” design with up to 56% faster performance than previous generation. Software-defined management. Accommodation for multiple generations of processor and memory technology in the same chassis. Maximum availability. Seamless scaling from 4-way to 8-way.
- Fast application performance means immediate access to actionable information
- Agile system design provides the ability to upgrade processor and memory technology to the next generation, reducing acquisition costs significantly
- Resilient platforms maximize application uptime and promote easy integration in virtual environments
- Processor: Up to 4 Intel® Xeon® E7-4800/8800 v3 series / 18 cores per processor
- Form factor/height: 4U rack
- Memory: Up to 6.0 TB, 96 DIMM slots supporting 64 GB LRDIMMs
- Flash storage: Up to 12.8 TB, 32 x 400 GB eXFlash DIMMs (ultra-low latency)